Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Prayer Warriors( davenll@shands.ufl.edu)

There are a number of women in our prayer group that can personally relate....me too. As a single mother struggling to make a new life for myself and my three children, God's spirit led me to Isaiah 54.
I prayed those words whenever I doubted that "someone" would take care of me.....and that Someone has provided exceedingly abundantly beyond all I could have hoped or imagined. He is able and His grace is greater than our circumstances. We are sustained by prayer....thank you for yours. xo>>>

7/10/2008 2:12 AM >>>Dear Linda, I was once in that young woman's shoes. I took my children and had to go "underground". God protected me and my children. He opened every door that I needed and provided for us. I never felt so safe and loved than when the Lord was my refuge. Praise God for his tender mercies and loving capable arms. I had, no home, no car, the brakes went out of my "winter-beater"(that's what know up north as an old broken down car you don't mind driving in the winter), and only a part-time job. Please let her know that we will be praying for her with an understanding heart. Love, Cate


One of our members has requested prayer for a friend who is suffering from depression.


Father, we are so thankful for the privilege of prayer and for the comfort that is ours when we surrender our problems to You. In faith and obedience, we lift this request before You, asking that You would intervene in the way You know is best. We stand in agreement that You have not given us a spirit of fear, but of love and of power and of sound mind. Speak peace to this troubled mind and restore hope, in Jesus' name. Amen.